Community Supported Agriculture
Sign up now for the 2014 CSA season! Email us at AmberWavesFarm@gmail.com to join!
Our CSA is a progressive way for the community to actively participate in and support sustainable agriculture by purchasing local, seasonal, organic food directly from the farm. Families have the unique opportunity to enjoy weekly visits to the farm and develop a relationship with their farmer through the shared risks and rewards of the season. This season we are excited to add additional u-pick crops and flowers in the field and host more parties and events. Also included in your share are weekly newsletters with updates about what’s happening in the fields along with recipes utilizing that week’s bounty of produce.
2013 CSA Program Details
• To Sign Up: Please email us at email@example.com to reserve your spot. Please print and fill out the 2013 CSA Registration Form & Agreement and return it with your payment.
• Cost: $850 (includes a weekly bread share) or $725 (without bread) for 19-week season.
• Included at each pick-up: A week’s supply of fresh, organic, seasonal vegetables and herbs, as well as our newsletter and favorite recipes for that week’s vegetables. When you visit the farm you are also invited to explore the farm fields with family and friends. Members are welcome to cut flowers and take advantage of other u-pick options, including cherry tomatoes, husk cherries, and herbs.
• Bread: Bread will not be automatically included in the CSA box this year. If you would like to have freshly baked bread made with Amber Waves Farm whole wheat flour, please note that on your registration form.
• Where and When:
- Tuesday OR Saturday morning 8am-11am from June 4th to October 12th at Amber Waves Farm in Amagansett.
- Friday in Sag Harbor from 10am to 1pm beginning Friday, June 7th at Temple Adas Israel – located on the corner of Atlantic Ave and Elizabeth in downtown Sag Harbor (no bread available at the Sag Harbor pick up; Sag Harbor shareholders are welcome to visit the farm anytime during the week to take advantage of flowers, herbs, and other u-pick crops).
- Saturday in Montauk from 2pm-3pm beginning Saturday, June 8th at LOVE Yoga Studio located at 83 South Elmwood Ave (bread shares are available at the Montauk pick up; Montauk shareholders are also welcome to visit the farm anytime during the week to take advantage of flowers, herbs, and other u-pick crops).
• Does the farm offer half shares? No. The produce provided each week will keep a family of four happy and healthy, although we have many couples that love the share size for just two people. If you believe you cannot handle an entire share, we suggest you find a friend to take half of your share after you pick it up or alternate pick up weeks.
• What if I can’t pick up my basket? You may always send someone in your place to pick up your share if you cannot make it to pick up. We offer a variety of pick up times to accommodate almost everyone’s schedule. You must choose a time slot at the start of the season, but you may change to the other available pick-up day by emailing us two days before your scheduled pick up to change your scheduled time. If you know ahead of time that you will be late for pick-up please email us and we will leave your basket for you to pick up later in the day.
• What if I miss a week? If you know you will not be able to make it to pick-up and you don’t have a friend that would like your share for the week, please let us know you won’t be coming. We will not arrange basket pick ups on non-pick up days or arrange for you to pick up your basket at a later time if you don’t contact us in advance.
For more information about joining our 2013 CSA please email us at AmberWavesFarm@gmail.com